Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to convert group of lines into solid extrusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to convert group of lines into solid extrusion?

Hi i have question i need to know if i can convert intersection of lines into solid extrusion curved path i need it because ornamental of religious worship building i hope that no one tell me to use offset and trim after you see the image :laugh:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; September 10, 2011, 09:24 AM.

Dude, didn't we cover this on the other thread with the gate? same principal.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

oh i remembered but because we did it in 3d max in one second here offet and trim and copy with this many lines will be boring and impossible if i have many kinds like this way, man i did not even try to do gate in revit i am lazy to do it there of course i want a vessel of hope for this problem by magic tool that make my dream come true in 1 or 2 second ,as i know one of pricnciple in BIM we are modeller not drafters and using this method that we covered make me seem as i like draftman and torturing in doing design am i true ? i wish if this can be heard and reached into wish list in forum
      Last edited by ahmed_hassan; September 10, 2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Sweeps using pick lines. Make several different ones, join geometry. Doable in about 3 minutes.

Having said that, just because you think you understand "A" workflow from some OTHER software, doesnt mean you will find "THAT" workflow in Revit. I am *certain* we have explained this to you, too, lol.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

yes it seems that it explained a lot to me but it seems that i am in nightmare with the programme current workflow but i do not want any more to frustrate anyone because you have the right to love revit i wish that i can enjoy revit someday.

Comment

You arent listening. You can do it in Revit, in a minute or two. It just doesnt work "the same way" and you need to understand that.

Go in the Family Editor. Look at how Sweeps work. Search the Manual for "Pick Lines." Make a bunch of sweeps out of your "lines." Then search for "Join Geometry."

Its very fast, and very easy. And when you understand how to make sweeps, youll stop drawing the lines first.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment