Loaded family not being inserted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded family not being inserted

Hi guys i just downloaded a lighting fixture and loaded it into my project , it got available in my lighting tab but as you can see in the following picture , when i choose it the pointer of mouse shows like suspention such a things happends in different components sometimes , whats the reason
    socondly i got another lighting fixture that doesnt light in my renders(i made the right rendering option and dimming value) and when i click on it has some electrical circuits options on it ,does it need any power supplier to work ? Is it gonno be the reason or its something else?
    Tnx.
    Attached Files

My first guess is that the fixture in the first image is a hosted family, meaning it is supposed to be attached to a wall, or ceiling, or face.
    The electrical connections in the second image are for the MEP guys to attach a wire too, it should not affect your rendering if you have those connected or not.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Are you aware of the Windows Snipping tool?
      Just type
      SNIP
      into the Search field of the Windows Start menu.
      It will give you much better screenshots than using your phone.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

TNX for reply , somehow i found the problem, the upcoming one is its nature is a recessed light and it gets stuck behind the ceiling plan , when i change the height it works fine but it looks ugly ... should i make the ceiling materialness in a way or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by R8zbeh View Post
          TNX for reply , somehow i found the problem, the upcoming one is its nature is a recessed light and it gets stuck behind the ceiling plan , when i change the height it works fine but it looks ugly ... should i make the ceiling materialness in a way or what ?
          I think you should model it as it is going to be build. If it looks ugly in your model it will look ugly in real life as well.
          Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
            I think you should model it as it is going to be build. If it looks ugly in your model it will look ugly in real life as well.
            I can't even understand the pic!
            Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
            Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
            "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
            E.A Poe

Comment