Phasing - Walls - Opening - Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phasing - Walls - Opening - Problems

Phased Project - Existing, Demo, New nothing special.

New wall being build next to existing walls.

Existing Opening being infilled with new construction.

The Problem:
    Is there any way to have a line show when New vs Existing walls meet? See examples.
    Attached Files
    -Alex Cunningham

Disallow the wall join. Afterward you need to pull the end of the wall back to the right spot.
    renogreen
    Last edited by renogreen; September 9, 2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

This will work.. I wish there was a better "global" setting for it though. This isnt a HUGE project with a ton of demo/new.

This also doesn't work for demo doors where the opening is being infilled in the existing wall.

A new problem arises now though. How do I get the Existing phase to display behind the New Construction?
      Attached Files
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Make one of the two bearing and the other one not-bearing...
        Better yet, copy the material of the original wall, rename it (but leave everything else the same), create a duplicate wall type from the original and apply the copied material. Now select the infill and change the wall type into the duplicate wall.
        mdradvies
        "Mark Twain"
        Last edited by mdradvies; September 9, 2011, 05:46 PM.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Regarding the existing vs new construction...generally we do not have a demo phase, just existing and new. The demo is handled by phase filters...Show Previous + Demo, new construction is Show Previous + New.

Comment

Good idea. We really should have our Existing walls on a Existing wall type and new on new. Thanks for the feedback. I think its going to all work out now.
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment