Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Change Template after modelling is finished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Change Template after modelling is finished.

Can I change the template after revit archi modelling is finished.If have,please help me how to do.

Hi, You may be able to transfer project standards from a template to another in any moment, but AFAIK you cannot change the template of a project once the project is finished or started, but maybe here somebody knows how to do this.
    Last edited by Andres Franco; February 19, 2018, 04:08 PM. Reason: add info
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Comment

What do you need this for? Maybe you can copy or link project to another file?

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Franco View Post
        Hi, You may able to transfer project standards from a template to another in any moment, but AFAIK you cannot change the template of a project once the project is finished, but maybe here somebody knows how to do this.
        Not possible. A template is a starting point. You can though as mentioned, transfer project standards and/or overwrite families when reloading.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
          Not possible. A template is a starting point. You can though as mentioned, transfer project standards and/or overwrite families when reloading.
          yes that was my point :blah:, the only reason I let open the possibility is because maybe there is a genius that can accomplish this type of trick :laugh:, regards
          Last edited by Andres Franco; February 19, 2018, 01:53 PM.
          Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
          Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
          "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
          E.A Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Phyu Phway View Post
            Can I change the template after revit archi modelling is finished.If have,please help me how to do.
            Let's start by asking the question behind the question:
            What do you want to change in your finished model?
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

You can go to a 3D view,select all, and paste into another model. Any view only information will be gone though and you will want to make sure your levels are the same in both models prior to pasting.
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                You can go to a 3D view,select all, and paste into another model. Any view only information will be gone though and you will want to make sure your levels are the same in both models prior to pasting.
                You'll be missing all of the Rooms, Levels, Grids, Areas, Reference Planes, and other "half 3d" model elements (only show in 2d but consistent throughout the model) items.

So if you need to do it I recommend several copies and pastes, from a number of views including some plans.

But I nod to Dave's question: what's the real goal, making you want to change templates?

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
                Director
                Parallax Team, Inc.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Once a project is started, based on a template (.rte), and saved it is no longer a template...it is a project (.rvt). There is no connection to the original template used to start the project. You can open and edit the original template anytime you want, but it is separate from the project you created from it.

If there are things you've done in the project that you'd like to put in the template so they'll be there the next time you start another project with it, you can copy/paste elements (3D elements) and use Transfer Project Standards (for settings).

If you've opened the template and started to create your model while editing the template instead of starting a project with New>Project...then save the template and close it. Use New > Project and choose your template and Save the project with a new name. Now your model is a project file, not a template. Then edit your template file again and clean out everything you modelled in it.

Comment