Importing aligned dwg files for a tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing aligned dwg files for a tower

Hi, I’m currently drawing a tower on Autocad. I’d like to import every floor into revit in order to start the 3D model.

Is this possible? I’ve previously imported dwg files to revit, but only the first floor plan.
    Thanks a lot

Originally posted by piper76 View Post
    Hi, I’m currently drawing a tower on Autocad. I’d like to import every floor into revit in order to start the 3D model.

Is this possible? I’ve previously imported dwg files to revit, but only the first floor plan.
    Thanks a lot
    make your levels in Revit, then use Insert/Link CAD and link each CAD floor plan to the appropriate Revit floor plan. The Link CAD dialog gives you a Place At option to pick what level you want the link on. As an aside, I'd then build View template for your floor plans with a filter to quickly turn the CAD links on and off.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

And I would not use the pick line tool to place walls, just to be sure you will not end up with walls that are slightly off axis in case the CAD file is not that accurate.
      Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

I would create a new Revit project and link your cad files into that at the appropriate level/s. Link that file into your Revit tower file and use by linked view in a working view type for each typical level to show the cad. its one extra step that maybe costs you 15 minutes but you'll wanna keep the autocrap out whenever possible. Once you're finished with it remove the link and you still have an uninfected file.
        as RD says, don't ever pick lines on cad.
        Last edited by elton williams; February 17, 2018, 07:59 PM.
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment