Linked model visibility in elevation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked model visibility in elevation

We've got a model in which all the usual trucks are not working.
    This is a project in v2016.
    Interior design model has an architectural model linked into it. The int elevation sheets suddenly started having the linked arch model disappear in some views but not all.

The link shows up again when the view is uncropped. As soon as cropping is turned on, it disappears again.

Usually the culprit on this is the far clipping and turning to clip without line solves the issue. That's not working here. We've tried all the far clip settings and it still behaves the same way.

I've checked the view template for visibility of the link and the links worksets. I've checked phase mapping and scope box visibility. I've tried changing the view depth. Also checked that there are no linked cad files that have large extents. We've also audited the file and it happens on four different computers.

Any other thoughts?

Visibility graphics > Revit links > link set to custom or by linked view?
    Link set to underlay?
    Elements hidden in view?
    View filters?
    What happens if you create a new elevation?
    Last edited by elton williams; February 16, 2018, 03:13 AM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Checked all those too. New elevations are just as hit and miss. Some show the link, some don't.

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
      Visibility graphics > Revit links > link set to custom or by linked view?
      Link set to underlay?
      Elements hidden in view?
      View filters?
      What happens if you create a new elevation?

Comment

I solved most of the view by changing the Linked file override settings. The team had done just the top level overrides instead of the link instance overrides.

However, there is still one view that is confounding me.
        Attached are two snips. With the crop region expanded out to below the building, the linked file shows up. As soon as I move the crop region up above the lowest level line in the linked file, the model disappears again. I can move all the other sides of the crop region and they behave normally. It is only the lowest level that triggers the link to disappear.

Is there something in the origin of that file that could be causing this?
        Attached Files

Comment

I have this exact same issue with linked models in elevation in 2016. In the end I fixed it by a combination of the far clip settings (either increasing the depth or not clipping at all) and by extending the crop region. Not ideal if you need to be precise with the crop, but in some situations it is OK.

Comment

Is there Topography or (more likely) a DWG in there somewhere?
            I've seen DWG Site plans cause this kind of error.
            Try turning off the Imported Categories completely. If that make them show, then you can back off & try turning off one at a time
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              Is there Topography or (more likely) a DWG in there somewhere?
              I've seen DWG Site plans cause this kind of error.
              Try turning off the Imported Categories completely. If that make them show, then you can back off & try turning off one at a time
              Dave, that's one of the first things on our list of troubleshooting. There's nothing in the model that large and I checked those settings.

John, I resolved it for now by doing something similar. Since this elevation is on the third floor of the building I split the crop region to show just the lowest level and have the upper section where we need it. The team will have to live with the level line for their deadline but I'd like to figure out why this is happening. We've been at this Revit thing quite a while and I haven't run across this one before.

Comment