Phasing & Design Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phasing & Design Options

Running into a unique situation for the first time of a Interior Renovation of roughly 10-15K SF with lots of Design Options of the layout of the whole interior space primarily for a Pricing exercise. So I've had the users start to copy all the existing interior walls/doors into the new D.O. (maybe up to 10 possible Options) to then properly Demo out content properly so when one is chosen the the demo work is done. Anyone with similar experiences to avoid pitfalls y'all ran into before? For a 10-15K bldg should I make them create a separate file for each D.O. of the interior space to then copy in/bind link, & or link with D.O.'s, or are these methods too extreme?

Originally posted by cftrevizo View Post
    are these methods too extreme?
    10 DOs, Revit or otherwise, is 'extreme'. I mean, (unhelpfully) unless you're authoring a Georgian-esque pattern book for every conceivable permutation.

As for copying existing elements into so many DOs? Well if you MUST consider all demo in all of these scenarios (that you've found yourself developing) then no, there is no better way... but I'd start throwing some serious shade at my QS (with deep-seated contempt) if they ever had the gall to expect that much modelled.

Comment