Revit text fonts, PDF & remote desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit text fonts, PDF & remote desktop

I've noticed an odd thing which I'm not sure is related to Revit directly or not. We use the Calibri font for most of our text in Revit. I noticed recently that when I work from home using Windows Remote Desktop to connect to my office workstation, and create a PDF drawing using Adobe Acrobat X (running from my office workstation), the resulting Calibri text fonts in the PDF look really odd. The text appears much wider, with the characters overlapping one another. But then other fonts that we use such as Century Gothic seem to work fine created either remotely or locally.

The first attached image shows what the PDF looks like when I create the PDF through Remote Desktop, and the second image shows the same PDF when created directly from my workstation in the office. Has anyone seen this before?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PatrickGSR94; February 12, 2018, 02:40 PM.

Were you reading my Inbox this morning, Patrick?
    I just got a notification an hour ago that someone posted to an old Autodesk Community page on that very topic
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit...dp/m-p/7771022
    TLDR; There's a Microsoft RDP hotfix for that.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I installed the hotfix on my workstation and will try printing a PDF through RDP at home tonight.

Comment

@DaveP I finally got around to testing PDF creation from home, through remote desktop, using Adobe installed on my office workstation. Worked perfectly since installing that hotfix, thanks for posting it!

Comment