Hatch 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch 22

We have recently started using Hatch 22 for Revit 2017. Is there a way to make the newly created hatch to resize at different scales? They were created at 1:1 scale and that's where they stay no matter what scale is chosen.

That's a Revit thing.
    Until 2018.2. though.
    Starting in 2018, you can scale the patterns directly inside Revit.
    (way past) time to upgrade!
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Drafting patterns wont change with the view scale (think paper space). Model patterns will resize with the view scale (model space).
      If you want a new size of .pat file to import im anything earlier than 2018.2 you' ve got to make/ find a new one. I and others here are using pyrevit's make pattern tool to create hatch patterns, its so simple to use and (pre 2018.2) you can just select your detail lines, scale them and make a new one.

Btw- pyrevit is free.
      Last edited by elton williams; February 8, 2018, 02:54 AM.
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

As already mentioned by @Elton, pyRevit is a good option and is free!!:laugh:, regards
        Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
        Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
        "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
        E.A Poe

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did not know that we could now scale patterns inside Revit

Comment

The HatchKit Add-In for Revit can copy, rescale or rotate any fill pattern within your project.

Comment