Room Tags in Elevation not Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room Tags in Elevation not Plan

This one has been pretty puzzling. Working on a residential project with rooms. There is one room that will not tag in any plan view but will tag in elevation. I can't see the room if I turn on the reference in plan either (but all the other rooms show up and can tag.) The room is going all the way through the cut plane and the phasing is set the same in both views. There are no room boundary lines running through the space, and nothing is hidden.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    T

In the Section View, select the Room and check the Room Properties for Level, Upper Limit, Limit Offset and Base Offset.
    Compare with the one that won't show in plan with the "good" rooms that show in Plan.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Tried that. Those settings are all the same for the room that works in plan and the room that doesn't work in plan, as well as phasing.

Comment

Wrong Workset?
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

My guesses:
          • Plan Region
          • Finish Floor
          • Different Floor leaking through
          • Topo or
          • DWG
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Tried all those thing, still nothing. It's not a workset because the adjacent rooms that are working on plan are also on the same workset as the room that's not working. It's not a plan region because I was able to create a second plan region...and you can't have overlapping plan region. No floors are in the section where the room works so there's nothing with that.

Additionally, if I try to place a new room it won't show up but I get the warning that there are duplicate rooms so it's being created.

Very puzzling and thanks in advance for any help.

T

Comment

Any clues to be found in Review Warnings? Any linked files involved? A floor set above the level can affect room bounding.
              Last edited by Steve_Stafford; February 8, 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Go to the section where you can indeed see the room. Make it a group and check which reference level it is. If it's a wrong one, change it.

As said before, filled regions can block/hide spot elevations and maybe tags. Make sure you don't have any in that room. I assume you've already checked to see if the room tag was hidden (lamp little icon?)...

Comment