Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide unused Sections in View

Hi,

We are creating call out plan views for every room on each floor to show elevations for those rooms and placing on sheets

When we create the plan and place on sheets i only want the sections for each room shown in the view. However sections from other rooms shows up in the view and i have to hide everytime i open up the model.

How do i hide all sections except for those in a room permanently please.

Thanks

Try this:

Create a Section Type and a Filter for the Section Type that you want to have show in the plans.
    Then create a View Template which has that Filter turned on and apply it to all your plan views.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
      Create a Section Type and a Filter for the Section Type that you want to have show in the plans.
      Then create a View Template which has that Filter turned on and apply it to all your plan views.
      This is a great method but I don't think it will work in this instance since the sections are probably all of the same (conceptual) type, e.g. Wall Section, Casework Section, Building Section. Filters would required multiple types - Wall Section Room 1, Wall Section Room 2, etc. and manual coordination of either view templates or filters.

How are you creating your callouts? Are they at the same scale as your overall plans? If the scale is different using the Hide at Scales Coarser Than setting will help. You should also look at the Annotation Crop setting of your callout views.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment