Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IfcPropertySet worked on my CableTrays but not other categories

Hello!

I have made a property set text-file for my IFC-export. The parameters in my text-file are exported on my CableTrays but not on other categories like Data devices or Electrical fixtures. What can be the reason?

In Navis when i click on a Electric fixtures there is a Tab "Item" and a parameter "Type" that says "Generic Models", isent that strange? I guess it should say Electrical Fixture.

Best regards Engineer

A little confused here... we're in the Revit forum section, you're asking about IFCpsets and then mention Navisworks...?

To clarify, when you are in Navisworks you are looking at said IFC appended, and looking for these psets in the properties of your items - but they're not coming through as expected/at all correct?

Comment

Sorry, we can delete this Thread. When i open the IFC-file in Solibri I can se all parameters that I should. So i guess that navis dont show them even if they are there.

Comment

Originally posted by engineer View Post
        Sorry, we can delete this Thread.
        We don't do that here - but thanks for following up - asking "What does Solibri show?" was going to be my next question, as Navis. is notoriously flakey about what property tabs it populates - at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
          We don't do that here - but thanks for following up - asking "What does Solibri show?" was going to be my next question, as Navis. is notoriously flakey about what property tabs it populates - at least in my experience.
          Okej . Do you know why cabletrays looks like solids when I do IFC-export and open in Solibri or Navis, but when i do a NWC-export and open in Navis they are showen more in details? Maby it nots that important but it would look little bit better more in detail.

Comment

Do you know why cabletrays looks like solids when I do IFC-export and open in Solibri or Navis, but when i do a NWC-export and open in Navis they are showen more in details?
            Not for certain, but since cable-tray runs, like pipes, are (in a way) "sweeps", that follow paths, I imagine there's some HxWxD abstraction of the (otherwise more detailed) loaded profile (used in Revit, and geometry-exported to .nwc) that rationalises the exported geometry for .ifc - and since that volumetric form is still "correct" for spatial tolerance/clearance work, it's probably considered an acceptable forfeit.

That said, and note I don't tinker with .ifc nearly enough to talk with any certainty, I do recall there being options to up the precision of geometry (or am I confusing .ifc with .gbxml here?)

Comment

Not for certain, but since cable-tray runs, like pipes, are (in a way) "sweeps", that follow paths, I imagine there's some HxWxD abstraction of the (otherwise more detailed) loaded profile (used in Revit, and geometry-exported to .nwc) that rationalises the exported geometry for .ifc - and since that volumetric form is still "correct" for spatial tolerance/clearance work, it's probably considered an acceptable forfeit.

That said, and note I don't tinker with .ifc nearly enough to talk with any certainty, I do recall there being options to up the precision of geometry (or am I confusing .ifc with .gbxml here?)
              When i checked "Use active view when creating geometry" the cable trays where exported more in detail. =)

Comment

When i checked "Use active view when creating geometry" the cable trays where exported more in detail. =)
                So that fixed it?

Comment

So that fixed it?
                  Yes it did

Comment