Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrored dimension tick mark

Good morning from Sydney,

I have been struggle with dimension tick mark mirrored. So please help.
    I have many revit links and I do all dimensions in the links for convenience. However, when the link is mirrored in the main central model, the dimension tick mark is mirrored as well and looks wrong as in the image attached (the diagonal tick mark should be in opposite direction).

Can anyone please help as I prefer not to put dimension in the main central file?

Thank you in advance.
    Regards,
    Van
    Attached Files

Good evening from London!

Sorry I don't follow, I see tick marks running NW>SE (or vice versa) and no other, "mirrored" dimensions? An image showing both (?) conditions might help explain more.

I've never used linked views let alone mirrored projects so perhaps I'm not best placed to step in here!

Comment

Thank you,

The tick marks for dimension should be running NE>SW.
      I have houses A B C...all are links to a central file and they are repeated such as 3 houses type A, 3 houses type B... and some are mirrored.
      For those mirrored link models, the dimensions in them are mirrored as well and so the tick marks run the wrong way.

I tried everything I know but still no clue.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks much.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by khanhvan View Post
        Thank you,

The tick marks for dimension should be running NE>SW.
        I have houses A B C...all are links to a central file and they are repeated such as 3 houses type A, 3 houses type B... and some are mirrored.
        For those mirrored link models, the dimensions in them are mirrored as well and so the tick marks run the wrong way.

I tried everything I know but still no clue.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks much.
        If you're dimensioning in the link and the link is mirrored, they will be backwards.

If you make a copy of the link and mirror the project, they will be the way you want them. But obviously then the mirrored buildings aren't the same file.

You can't do what you want with a mirrored instance of a link, and a linked view with dimensions in it.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
        Director
        Parallax Team, Inc.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Thank you Aaron,

So it seems like there is noway I can get the dimension tick marks in the opposite way.
          I see that in the arrowhead with arrow styles like diagonal... and they are Revit system setting. I am just wondering if there is anyway that we can customise a new arrow style (opposite of diagonal option)???

Comment

Right but even if you did, then the would ALL be flipped. Even the ones that are correct now, would flip. Without having two different linked files (or dimensioning outside of the linked views) that's where you are at.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
            Director
            Parallax Team, Inc.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Tick marks might be the most prevalent issue with a Mirrored project, by there are probably tons of other subtle problems.
              If the ENTIRE project is flipped, what about physical things that are handed:
              Doors, Cabinets, Light switches, Toilet handles, Hot/Cold faucets, just to list a few off the top of my head.
              A building is never truly a mirror image of another. There are always going to be a ton of "exactly the same...except" items.
              Admittedly, many of these will not be modeled to that level of detail - yet.
              Dave Plumb
              BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment