Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sandwichpanel

Hello,
    I want to make a sandwichpanel which can stretch in the height-direction, and also in the width (left and right site). This sandwichpanel is a special panel. not flat but is a corner panel(see attachment Revit 2017).

Stretch in the height direction is happened. But not to stretch to right and left. I have tried a few times, I can't fix it.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

peter smith
    Attached Files

First Post!

EDIT#1

Okay, so we have a generic model, non-WB, always vertical.
    A <H> parameter working in equal directions around a ref.plane origin (no name) some (unconstrained) 88mm off of the Ref.Level.

EDIT#2
    There is also a 12mm offset occurring at the top and bottom of the extrusion so that it is not, in fact, <H> high. This may be by design.

EDIT#3
    Reviewing the family in plan we see that you are using ref.plane in the angular. Whilst there are no angular dimensions or parameters to be seen, it would be wise at this point to consider changing to ref.lines to enable angular control of the geometry.

EDIT#4
    Accordingly, because you are dimensioning sometimes to extrusion element faces that although aligned to, in some cases are not locked to, externally or by sketch, when you adjust the parameters <b1> and <b2> the "constraints" break. This can be readily observed when attempting to adjust either whilst in the family editor.

EDIT#5
    Before I go on, let me first assure you this isn't meant to be a dissection - I am sincerely trying to help - this is a fine example case for a good thread with lots of legs to it - so would like to see where you can take this.

EDIT#6
    Okay so here's a markup
    Untitled.png
    LOVE MSPAINT!
    :hide:
    Last edited by snowyweston; January 31, 2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

So that's the how you, or at least I, would "fix it" generally speaking - save for some of the nuances of your endeavours, like this:
      Capture3.PNG

but the thing is, I fear you've jumped the gun. Yes, obviously I'm going to point out, like others will, you should always "flex-as-you-go" (actually, I just coined that) - and I dare say bitten off more than you can chew (2mm thin extrusion modelling work is pretty hardcore Peter! :bb - but no, I mean, what's this going to be used for?

Comment