Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to model arena seating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    best way to model arena seating

    initially i used stair tool, don't like it especially curved multiple segments are required now.
    maybe line based GM but won't solve curve issue.
    thought about using AC, overthinking perhaps.

    is it good idea to use model lines w/ slab edge? seems easy to model and modify.

    #2
    Wall and floors for concrete platforms, monolithic stairs for stairs.
    Furniture families in groups for seats.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Ning Zhou View Post
      initially i used stair tool, don't like it especially curved multiple segments are required now.
      maybe line based GM but won't solve curve issue.
      thought about using AC, overthinking perhaps.

      is it good idea to use model lines w/ slab edge? seems easy to model and modify.
      Structural Framing Components.
      Attached Files
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
        Structural Framing Components.
        It's what they actually are IRL so there's that.
        Greg McDowell Jr
        about.me/GMcDowellJr

        Comment


          #5
          OK, Structural Framing, thanks all!

          Aaron, just curious, do you model entire similar seating as one struct framing?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
            Structural Framing Components.
            Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
            It's what they actually are IRL so there's that.
            When in doubt, model it the way it's built.
            Tony Perez @Twitter
            Senior Structural Designer
            Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

            Comment


              #7
              FWIW--
              I have designed several theaters/events centers with concrete walls, floors and stairs as mentioned above. Not always framed out with structural framing members. Maybe not a sports arena, but similar concept.
              Cliff B. Collins
              Registered Architect
              The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
              Autodesk Expert Elite

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ning Zhou View Post
                OK, Structural Framing, thanks all!

                Aaron, just curious, do you model entire similar seating as one struct framing?
                No sir. Each Riser/Treat is a single instance of a Family. That way during shop drawing review, we can make sure they accurately represent the real conditions. Those risers/treads are not all the same size. Single family might *feel faster* in design but its going to take longer to get the detailing correct when you have to break it apart. There are other downsides to it being one giant object, too.
                Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                Comment


                  #9
                  There is so much focus in my office on the next 5 minutes and a near utter disregard for the next 5 months.
                  Greg McDowell Jr
                  about.me/GMcDowellJr

                  Comment


                    #10
                    yes, i use one step (riser+tread) per framing, works great! curve, trim, etc. except that i have to use ref plane to cut some curved framing

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X