X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A strange question for elevation at top & bottom

Recently, we find a strange question~

usually we create a new revit model and model a slab on Level 1;

for that slab, it has two parameters named " elevtation at top" " elevation at bottom ", shows in the pic. below~

However!! in one model which we get from another company, it changed, and we don't know the reason..

Attention, these two snaps are in different model~

therefore, how does the 2nd situation happen??

Very nice information shared!!

Comment

Where is the FFE level in relation to Level 1? There are several elevation origins you can be using, but even in the same model you can have different offsets based on the level.

Comment

Originally posted by chris.macko View Post
        Where is the FFE level in relation to Level 1? There are several elevation origins you can be using, but even in the same model you can have different offsets based on the level.
        sorry, first , the two snaps are different model;

second~ I didn't set the parameter for the Height offset~ U could see that in the snap~

Comment

I just looks like there is an additional level at elevation 149mm and you accidentally used that as a host, when modelling the floor?

Comment

Are those "new" OOTB parameters or Dynamo pushed SPs? The number "accuracy" has me thinking the latter.

Comment

The floor was drawn on a level lower than F.F.E. then assigned to F.F.E. via the "Level" drop down in properties. Level F.F.E. is 149mm above the Level it was initially drawn on.

Constraints: Height Offset...= distance from the Level noted above that
              Dimensions: Elevation Top/Bottom = distance from the original host level.
              John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Originally posted by yilinwang View Post
                sorry, first , the two snaps are different model;

second~ I didn't set the parameter for the Height offset~ U could see that in the snap~
                The elevation parameters being reported are from the model origin, which is for the most part totally unrelated to the level. If level X is at 0.00 and the floor has a 0mm offset, the top will be at 0.00. If Level Y is at 149 and the floor has a 0mm offset, the top will be at 149mm. And just to close the loop, if a floor on Level Y (still at 149) had a -149mm offset, the top elevation would be at 0.
                These are all relative values so it doesn't matter if it's in the same model or different models.

Comment

different elevation base perhaps? i.e. project base point vs survey point

Comment