Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Editor bug

Hi guys;

I'm experiencing a weird thing while editing groups, I'm running Revit 2018.2, Win 10 64 Bits.

I'm creating some sheets for a client presentation and I have some groups which I want to edit, the issue comes on precisely when I hit the "Edit Group" button, the group pases on edition mode but extraneously the save or validate button is not there which obligates me to cancel the group edition without having my modifications done :banghead:, since I'm not having a lot of groups is not a very big deal, but I want to know if some of you had already experienced that and how you fixed it :crazy:, Regards
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Long observed issue. I randomly see the group buttons panel sitting on the second screen or it's hidden behind active screen or its just not visible.
    im still at 2017.2 but I doubt it's been fixed in current release (2018.2 atow) Set keyboard shortcuts for 'finish group' (I use FG) at least then you can get out of group edit while saving it and not lose your work.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Thank you so much Elton!!, Yes!! Long ago I saw similar issues in previous versions, I remember when in Revit 2011 while editing floors the tools had a similar behavior :crazy:, I wans't sure to talk with our IT guy to install us the 2018 version because this type of known bugs and I wanted to wait but my desire to play with the new version drove me to install it :blah:, and the 2018 is long ago between us but apparently there are some things that still at the same point of development

Thanks a lot for the KS tip :thumbsup: i'll set it up right now :laugh:
      Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
      Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
      "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
      E.A Poe

Comment

if your Edit Group panel disappears entirely, look at your monitor zoom. we've installed 4k monitors, but had to compensate for legibility by zooming the displays. Revit doesn't do well with 4k and zooming yet. side effect of this is that part of your desktop is now off the screen. your missing panel may be hiding off the screen.

Comment

Once you find it, dock it in the Ribbon. If you don't reset the UIState.dat that should fix the issue.

(Might be worth it to change the zoom/resolution to get normal UI, dock the panel, set the monitor back to 4K)

Do that for all those commands where the Edit panel is ripped of the Ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn_K View Post
            Once you find it, dock it in the Ribbon. If you don't reset the UIState.dat that should fix the issue.

(Might be worth it to change the zoom/resolution to get normal UI, dock the panel, set the monitor back to 4K)

Do that for all those commands where the Edit panel is ripped of the Ribbon.
            We just tried that in 2018, and Revit actually undocked the Edit Group panel and lost it again when we reset the monitor. very strange. there must be some setting, either inside Revit or in the Windows roaming profile, that defaults to put this panel as undocked when you open Revit. (changing the monitor settings required computer restart).

Comment

shortcut keyboard for ever man!!
              Phil
              PS : personaly i edit KS and for each edition a have the same shortcut for (group edit, solid edit, xxx edit...) FE finish edit CE exit edit
              Freelance WWTP/HVAC Designer
              Revit 2019

Comment

Originally posted by philsogood View Post
                personaly i edit KS and for each edition
                do you really "edit" your keyboard shortcuts for every version? A lot easier to export a short cut .xml file then import it into each new version. Bink, bink, done
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment