Individual room layouts at different scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual room layouts at different scales

Hi, I am new to the forum. Hope to learn and contribute.

This is my issue, what is the best way to create individual room layouts at different scales (say 3/16” and 1/8”) from the main views (1/4”)?

If you “Duplicate View as Dependant” from a parent view, then when you try to change the scale of the Duplicate, all the other views get changed at the same time.

If you “Duplicate View with Detail”, then any changes you make to the parent view afterwards will not show on the Duplicate.

If you create a view with “Callout View” command, the tags and text will not show, although under VV, all “Annotations” are on.

Is there any easy way to do this? SO BASIC….., but can’t be done easily?

Thanks

While duplicating with detail will not update any annotation changes from the original view, any modeling changes will update...it's the same model. We look at enlarged plans (1/4") as the place to put information that DOES NOT appear on the 1/8" plan. We do not duplicate any annotations between scales. The 1/8" is an overall plan and 1/4" is where we place the real information, size permitted. For this we use Duplicate with Detail which usually is only duplicating annotations such as room names and grid dimensions. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by shudongs View Post
      Hi, I am new to the forum. Hope to learn and contribute.

This is my issue, what is the best way to create individual room layouts at different scales (say 3/16” and 1/8”) from the main views (1/4”)?

If you “Duplicate View as Dependant” from a parent view, then when you try to change the scale of the Duplicate, all the other views get changed at the same time.

If you “Duplicate View with Detail”, then any changes you make to the parent view afterwards will not show on the Duplicate.

If you create a view with “Callout View” command, the tags and text will not show, although under VV, all “Annotations” are on.

Is there any easy way to do this? SO BASIC….., but can’t be done easily?

Thanks
      I had the same question (if I'm understanding you correctly).

Take a look at THIS thread. Basically, you were close with your "Duplicate as a Dependent". But, you need to make a copy of the floor first, then duplicate it as a dependent for each room you want to enlarge.

Also, reread renogreen's post. Good info there. :thumbsup:
      Dan

Comment