Controling New Section Lines Visibility on other views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controling New Section Lines Visibility on other views

Hi, when I create a new section, it'll show up in those many other views which I had already done, I need to go back to these views to hide the section line if there's no view template.
    Beside setting view template for the other views, is there any better way to do this?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi you can hide sections per Scale , you need to select the section and then in the properties palette you need to look for the "Hide at scales", you need just to choose the scale at which you want to hide the section symbol, hope this help.

I'm copying/pasting a comment made here for before by Jeff Hanson about the same subject:

It turns off the visibility of the view marker at scales above the stated value. For example you want to be able to see section marks and elevation marks on a floor plan view (1/8"=1'-0") but typically do NOT want to see those same marks in a site plan view (1"=20'-0"). The "hide at Scales" setting controls this behavior. Otherwise you might have to do this on a view by view basis which could be a pain if you had to do it a lot.

https://www.revitforum.org/architect...de-scales.html

Last edited by Andres Franco; January 17, 2018, 01:59 PM.
    Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
    Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
    E.A Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Andres Franco View Post
      Hi you can hide sections per Scale , you need to select the section and then in the properties palette you need to look for the "Hide at scales", you need just to choose the scale at which you want to hide the section symbol, hope this help.

I'm copying/pasting a comment made here for before by Jeff Hanson about the same subject:

It turns off the visibility of the view marker at scales above the stated value. For example you want to be able to see section marks and elevation marks on a floor plan view (1/8"=1'-0") but typically do NOT want to see those same marks in a site plan view (1"=20'-0"). The "hide at Scales" setting controls this behavior. Otherwise you might have to do this on a view by view basis which could be a pain if you had to do it a lot.

https://www.revitforum.org/architect...de-scales.html

Thanks, but i don't think it's suitable for my scenerio. Say eg. I have 10 set of plans for different purposes, eg. Floor fi nish, door schedule, wall schedule etc, all done already, then another guy came along to create a new set for other purpose, and he cut some sections, i will show up in all my other plans. All might be same scale as his plan. So i can't set the sect line to turn off at certain scale.

Comment

We use View Filters to suppress the display of unwanted section markers.

20180118-ViewFilterSuppressSections.JPG

We have a shared parameter (text, instance) named ViewType_sqa applied to the Views categories.

This filter looks at the value of that parameter for each Section (which are Views) and if it does not match those specified in the Filter Rules section, they are not displayed.

The filter can be applied manually to views as needed, or set it in the View Template.

Comment

Our workflow is similar to Anthony's in that we use filters to suppress specified sections -- or elevations - in views. We typically control the filters with View Templates applied to the views, whether as a persistent VT or applied manually.

The filters differ though in that they monitor the view type, rather than data tied to a view.

The system works really well once team members understand which section/elevation types to use in which view and why. It takes minimal education and then they are off and running. A few examples of what we control -- interior elevations are automatically suppressed in overall 1/8" scale plans, wall sections off in plans (we show them in bldg sections or elevations), working/study sections appear in working views only, etc.....

Jonathan Ludwig
          Studio 111
          Attached Files

Comment

I will try your methods out. Thank you so much for the replies, anthonyB and kingjosiah

Comment