X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Access Model message intermittant - R2017

Hi there,

I posted this on the Autodesk forum a few days ago:

For about the last 3 months we have been having an issue in Revit 2017(service pack 2) where we are working on a model and the message "The requested operation cannot be completed because the model 'xyz' is not currently available. Click cancel to stop current operation." comes up about 4-5 in the space of a second. See attached video file. Sometime longer, sometimes shorter. It only occurs on models with work-sets, and it occurs randomly, sometime after every edit, sometimes I don't see it for hours.

I have done some research and this post seemed close:

https://www.revitforum.org/architect...ess-model.html

But not quite.
    I looked on this forum but could not find anything quite the same.

I was in quite early this morning. I was the only person in the office. All other computers were off (I asked the other guys to do so last night), and I still have the issue.
    I have talked to our IT department and they say it has to be a Revit issue. They have rebooted our server and done other maintenance items with no change.
    Although it started about 3 months ago, we have not done anything different. We are running in Windows 7 pro.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Does Worksharing Monitor offer any insight? Have your IT monitored the network traffic? Sounds like a choke to me.

Comment

Worksharing Monitor shows no network usage. Windows task manager says that it is using 2-3% of the network speed. Link speed is 1Gbps. All I did was rename a drawing and it happened. CPU usage went up a bit, but not really any more than normal. Otherwise, I don't have much more to add, other than it is quite annoying.

Comment