Visibility of Curtainwall Grids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visibility of Curtainwall Grids

I'm trying to debug a project that has an issue with Extents.
    Pretty sure I've narrowed it down to a whacked-out Curtainwall Grid somewhere.
    But I can't isolate the @#%$ thing to figure out where it is or which CW it belongs to.
    Apparently, there is no "Curtainwall Grid" category in the Visibility/Graphics or Object Styles dialogs.

Anyone got ant brilliant ideas on how I can narrow this down?
    It must be a CWG way, way up in the Z. PLans Views work fine, but 3D and Elevations virtually disappear. Everything is collapsed into a tiny dot.
    Or, more specifically, 15,709 tiny dots. So it takes FOREVER to select everything.

I've tried the trick where you select everything using a right-to-left selection, and then Shift-select from left to right.
    That usually isolates the one weirdo, but that's not working either.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Stating the obvious, of course-- but,
    A Curtain Grid cannot exist without a Curtainwall--so it would seem that you would be searching for the errant curtainwall itself--not just the curtain grid?
    Perhaps the curtainwall is hidden? How did you determine that it is a cw grid?

Try cutting a section and see if you can find it with view uncropped.
    Last edited by cliff collins; January 15, 2018, 08:06 PM.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Divide and conquer.
      I progressively turned off Categories (in V/G).
      Then I (slowly and painfully) went to my Elevation, did a Zoom to Fit, and Selected everything. Ans waited for 15,709 of the little QBert icons to display.
      That's why I'm trying to NOT display the CW Grids. I can't tell if its JUST the CW, or a grid inside one of them.

The other reason I'm suspecting CWG is even weirder.
      This problem began when a 3D View would display fine if you clicked on the "Top" of the View Cube.
      Any other angle (Iso, or Elevation) zooms out to invisibility.
      I can turn off Walls and it's OK
      I'm now down to "just" 74 Walls & still seeing the problem
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Another stating the Obvious: in your default 3D view only have the wall/cw panel/cw system on for the categories, then in plan select the CW, then select Section Box (BX) tool. Then see where that leads you. I'd delete your default 3D view 1st to create a virgin view 1st to then apply the settings, or create a VT to apply to it.

Comment