Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second screen with different resolution - Properties Palette freaks out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second screen with different resolution - Properties Palette freaks out!

Hi!
    I just started at a new office and they gave me two different screens, one with recommended settings 125% and 2560 * 1440 resolution, and the second screen with 100% and 1680 * 1050.

I like to have my Project Browser and Properties Palette on the second screen. When I drag them to the second screen, they start acting up. They leave marks on the area I drag them over and they don't drop at the place I let them go, but at any random place on the screen, or even outside the visible screen. The only way I've been able to get them back then is to set the computer to using one screen or change the resolution.

What I want is for the Project Browser and Properties Palette to behave normally so I can place them on my second screen where and how I like them.

Has anyone seen this before? The coworkers claim this same computer with the same monitors worked properly before, in a different office.

When on the second screen the pb/pp panels often play up for me even with identical monitors at identical resolution, sometimes even locking up and not responding at all until a revit restart. I have no idea why many revit users have always had problems, unless you know more about video drivers than the average user i suppose or at least have good IT (ours are pretty average ). I'm now used to having the panels docked on each side of my revit session. Even then if i have them too wide they act up lol.

I would really not like two different monitors for daily work as i often have multiple revit sessions open.
    You could ask/assert for another setup or wait until someone leaves and do a quick swap
    Last edited by elton williams; January 16, 2018, 06:57 AM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Highly recommend a single widescreen for Revit. Extra monitors for whatever else.
      Aristide Lex @ SUFFOLK

Comment

Originally posted by jjs View Post
        Hi!
        I just started at a new office and they gave me two different screens, one with recommended settings 125% and 2560 * 1440 resolution, and the second screen with 100% and 1680 * 1050.

I like to have my Project Browser and Properties Palette on the second screen. When I drag them to the second screen, they start acting up. They leave marks on the area I drag them over and they don't drop at the place I let them go, but at any random place on the screen, or even outside the visible screen. The only way I've been able to get them back then is to set the computer to using one screen or change the resolution.

What I want is for the Project Browser and Properties Palette to behave normally so I can place them on my second screen where and how I like them.

Has anyone seen this before? The coworkers claim this same computer with the same monitors worked properly before, in a different office.
        I had the same problem when I got a new monitor.
        Having both monitors set to 125% fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment