Wall sweeps not joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall sweeps not joining

I created two wall sweeps (with a simple rectangular profile) on two seperate walls, and I would like them to join at the corner. The walls are checked to join, does the sweep have to be set to 'join' as well !? Any advice much appreciated !
    Attached Files

try using the Wall Join Tool, and Miter the walls.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

thanks cliff, but could you be any more specific, how do i access the miter tool? And are you saying if the walls are mitered, then the sweep attached to the top of the wall will miter as well?

Comment

Sweeps-Wall Join Tool

Modify Tab.
        Wall Join Tool--See attached.
        Attached Files
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Just a thought...when you have a flat then sloped wall, it might be better to create an in place component and create a sweep based on a 3D Line. You will need to draw the line prior in 3D of course so you have something to select.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

thank you MP, that actually worked great !!!! HAHA, love your tagline !:coffee::wine::whiskey:

Comment

Originally posted by maddyjdelaney View Post
              thank you MP, that actually worked great !!!! HAHA, love your tagline !:coffee::wine::whiskey:
              :thumbsup:

I was actually down your way last week and went to the Stone Bistro at Liberty Station. I was very happy to find that Stone has Scotch Ales! I will definitely be going back soon with more growlers.
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Stones is great, Next time you and your growlers have to check out their (much larger) beer garden in Escondido (North County San Diego), its a real lively place! I haven't had their Scotch Ale, as i'm partial to porters and stouts, I'll have to give it a try though

Comment