Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting by number in schedules

Hi guys,
    I have an issue with my schedule. We have room numbers which starts with "0" e.g. "01", "02". The problem is that when I want to sort it by number it puts "01" between "1" and "2". Is there any way to force revit to start sorting numbers with "01" and then "1", "2" and so on?

I use revit 2017.

Any clue will be valuable
    Attached Files

Why do you have numbers with and without the "0"?
    You can trick the schedule by adding another parameter and sort on that, but that means you will have to fill in another number, with the possibility of mistakes.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

[Sorting by number in schedule]

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
      Why do you have numbers with and without the "0"?
      You can trick the schedule by adding another parameter and sort on that, but that means you will have to fill in another number, with the possibility of mistakes.
      Thank you, I would try that.
      We have such system of numbers that describe level of building - we have 01 and then 1, 01 is like base 0,00. Nothing to do about this, it's something that came from design's presumption.

Comment

I assume with "01" and "1" it's a text parameter? You could write a dynamo script to fill out a new parameter, but Revit can't modify text parameters.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

So you have the ground floor with the number 01, the first floor with 1 second with 2 etc. ?
          Now that's a recipe for disaster. I would go and have a chat with the one that came up with that system

And I would really try to change that 01 to just 0, that will fix your problem right away.
          Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

What Robin said. Or use a schedule key. That way you can tie your existing numbering to a new parameter for sorting. That is how all our rooms get named, including a short name, department name, a color code, building code designation etc.
            Last edited by ekkonap; December 19, 2017, 07:17 AM.
            There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
            Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment