Door schedule: 6'-0" x 7'-0" --> (2) 3'-0" x 7'-0"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door schedule: 6'-0" x 7'-0" --> (2) 3'-0" x 7'-0"

How do I make a schedule read double doors as two single leaf doors? 6'-0" x 7'-0" --> (2) 3'-0" x 7'-0"

I would like this to be a smart schedule, if that's possible.

Thanks!

In that past I've seen it done here the "Double Leaf" parameter is Yes/no and is scheduled as a column in the schedule. you can also do "No. of Leafs" as a column and have 2 as the type value for that parameter on double doors.

The problem becomes you then have (1) for single panel doors if you do it that way, and most people don't like the yes/no approach cause their schedules are no longer pretty.

By "smart schedule" you are meaning that is automagically uses a parameter in the door to fill this out, yes?

.Carl
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Ya, the smart schedule of my dreams would divide the width by 2 and place a (2) in front of it. The even smarter schedule would allow for a 2' and 4' leaf option.

But I know that's prolly crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by John McCamont View Post
        ...would divide the width by 2 and place a (2) in front of it. The even smarter schedule would allow for a 2' and 4' leaf option.
        In front of what? (this is a question to stimulate thinking about why this wouldn't work)

Remember that the option between a 2' and 4' leaf option does not reside in the schedule, but in the parameters of the door; and only shared parameters can be scheduled.
        .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

That's a question that can only be answered if you post the doors... It all depends on how you created you families. What are the parameters at hand? Did you nest the Panels, are the parameters shared, and so on...

But it's sure doable. Let's assume you're using the doors from RFO...
          Than it can be done, see attachment
          Attached Files
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

The only decent answer is:

A parameter for "Number of Panels" (2)
            A parameter for "Panel 1 Width"
            A parameter for "Panel 2 Width"

2 @ 3'-0" is all good and well, until they are uneven panels. Old-tradition-fail.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

If they are uneven we put the widths in the comments....but we call out the entire frame width (6'0" x 7'0") and for the panel types we put PR F, or PR FG for example...
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                The only decent answer is:

A parameter for "Number of Panels" (2)
                A parameter for "Panel 1 Width"
                A parameter for "Panel 2 Width"

2 @ 3'-0" is all good and well, until they are uneven panels. Old-tradition-fail.
                That's what I did... Only the amount of panels, "(2)" or " " is a Calculated Value (Text) defined by this formula:

if(Leaf 1 Width + Leaf 2 Width > Leaf 1 Width, "(2)", " ")
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Ours are hardcoded in the doors, since the Door Family defines the action and number of panels. But 6 of one, half dozen of the other. =)
                  Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                  @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Well, to be honest: I wouldn't use it. I schedule the panels anyway and have the Marks tied to each other. So my schedule always places the door and then the leafs. No need to count them then.
                    Martijn de Riet
                    MdR Advies

Comment