X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Model & Model Display

Display Model & Model Display

What's the difference?

One starts with display and the other starts with model. Pretty simple actually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post

LOL, :laugh: you make my day with this one @Dave Jones
      Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
      Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
      "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
      E.A Poe

Comment

Yes, but in revit concept terms, what does the difference. In the properties box, it says Display Model, but in the Visibility list it says Model display. So what's the difference. why use interchangeable nouns.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post

Seriously though, the words, MODEL DISPLAY are in the visibilty list, whilst DISPLAY model IS IN the properties list, why use interchangeble nouns, whats the command difference between the two words which mean the same thing but have different meanings.

Comment

Not quite sure where you're seeing the "Model Display". Are you talking about in the Visibility/Graphics dialog? That has a "Show model categories", but I'm not aware of the words "Model Display"
            In the Properties box, the "Display Model" text means exactly what it says: Do you want to see the modeled elements, or not? TBH, it's not entirely useful in a Plan or Elevation View. It's really intended more for Detail Views. Occasionally, you might, say, cut a Section, start drafting over the modeled elements and eventually turn off all of the modeled elements, leaving you with just the drafting. Not saying that's a good idea, but sometimes it's necessary.
            Dave Plumb
            BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Display Model = Normal, Halftone, or Do Not Display

Model Display = Wireframe, Hidden Line, Shaded, Consistent Colors, Realistic

Attached Files
              Tony Perez @Twitter
              Senior Structural Designer
              Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

Comment

Originally posted by rickyandmortystimemachine View Post
                Seriously though, the words, MODEL DISPLAY are in the visibilty list, whilst DISPLAY model IS IN the properties list, why use interchangeble nouns, whats the command difference between the two words which mean the same thing but have different meanings.
                another example of a poster asking an incomplete question. If you would have included the above information in your initial post I wouldn't have made fun of you
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Display Model = 3 modes to format the view (Normal, Halftone, Do Not Display) - This is used to tell Revit how to display model elements. For example most views are assigned to Normal, everything shows up according to Object Styles and Visibility/Graphics. Changed to Halftone and model elements are reassigned to the Halftone Settings (rules) found on the Manage ribbon tab > Additional Settings > Halftone / Underlay. When assigned to Do Not Display then model elements are turned off. The reason this exists is for drafting/detailing, to allow for 2D drafting over model elements. Assigning either Halftone or Do Not Display makes it easier for the 2D drafting to take over.

I suspect you are referring to the Model Display frame title while reviewing the Graphic Display Options dialog. This determines if the view displays the model, wireframe, shaded, and so on as well as transparency and silhouettes.

Both relate to views and the appearance of the model but each deals with a different aspect of the model and the view.
                  Last edited by Steve_Stafford; December 12, 2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I want to know too!!!!!!!!!

(Upss, Too slow to live in the west)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by duende123; December 12, 2017, 04:41 PM.
                    "-Bueno, pues ahora que los dos nos hemos visto el uno al otro -repuso el
                    unicornio-si tu crees en mi, yo creeré en tí, ¿trato hecho?"
                    Lewis Carroll

Comment