Diameter dimensioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diameter dimensioning

I wanted to dimension axial position of the circular shaft for the chimney in the floor, with diameter value near or within the shaft, but I just discovered that there is no diameter dimension in RAC, only radial. I would like to show it with diameter symbol, followed with numeric value.

Does anybody know any workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

Can you use a leader and text instead to call it out? Or does it have to be a dimension?

To get the Ø symbol, it's ALT+0216.
    Dan

Comment

If anything else, this will work, but I would appreciate if it could change automatically.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Something like this?
        Attached Files
        Dan

Comment

Almost like that. I would prefer that it looks like tag with leader, like this:
          Diameter.jpg

It is radial dimension with overridden text.

How did you manage to dimension this circle? Revit doesn't allow me to dimension circle with aligned dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirvio View Post
            Almost like that. I would prefer that it looks like tag with leader, like this:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4038[/ATTACH]

It is radial dimension with overridden text.

How did you manage to dimension this circle? Revit doesn't allow me to dimension circle with aligned dimension.
            I dimensioned a shaft opening. Revit will let you do that. It also updates the dim as the shaft opening sketch changes.
            Dan

Comment

Not here. Because it is above from the cut plane, I used a linework to show it. But Revit accepts to dimension it as far as I'm dimensioning some other elements.
              It refuses to accept to dimension just opening. Rectangular openings are fine.
              Diameter-2.jpg

This will be sufficient for this purpose, but I would like to have possibility to just tag it in order to get diameter.

Comment

It should be able to dimension diameter if you tab a few times on the linework.
                OR, you can create a family to cut the hole and have some symbolic lines in it. Create it so that the center of the circular void is also the center of the refplanes. Create a Shared Parameter for the diameter.
                Create a tag faking dimension lines. Make the length of the fake dimlines parametric and add the diameter dimension to it.
                Create a label in the tag that reads the diameter parameter with a prefix for the diameter symbol

If you place this in the project it should
                a. read out the diameter
                b. snap to the center of the family
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I don't know. It simply doesn't "see" the hole, no matter of tabbing.
                  I thought of the other thing, and I'm sure it will work, but I had to deliver it NOW. Next time, probably.

Thank you both, it's closing time, running to have a :beer:

Comment

Have one for us!
                    Dan

Comment