Area Scheme - Renaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Area Scheme - Renaming

This is new to me. I have a project with multiple area schemes for different functions. Recently they during a sync became renamed (See attached)
    The odd part is that, while I can rename these, as soon as I sync with central they are given a new number as suffix.
    Attached Files

I haven't seen this with Area plans, but I do see it with filters sometimes if modifications are made when others are in the model. To fix the naming I have to wait until I'm the only one in the model.
    Julie Kidder
    Architect + BIM Director
    Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Yes, I've seen this on many other objects in revit, first for Area Schemes. Will be trying once all are out of the model at end of day.

Comment

It's a "quirk" (read: bug) of workshared models - where you don't fully take control of the (system) workset - and when others are accessing the central their locals create a feedback loop of confusion that results in Revit renaming your change (during STC) to make sense of it.

The (same) issue with filters was (thankfully) fixed with 2017 (when they adjusted the alphabetical sort) but the only way presently to rename an Area plan scheme in a central file - without Revit adding the suffix - is to be the only one accessing the central at the time of the change.

Not sure if Autodesk bothered to address it in 2018 as I've still not been bothered to install 2018 yet.

Comment