Split Floor Levels within same building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split Floor Levels within same building

I've got a block of flats: 4 storey's total, 6 flats per floor (2 separate stair cores serving 3 flats each floor).

The block has a split floor level difference of 225mm and ideally I'd like be able to show both adjacent floor levels using the same name i.e. 2No. ground floor levels/ 2No. 1st floor levels etc... but obviously you can't duplicate a level name.

So far I've considered:
    1. Creating levels for each storey level, suffix them to give minor naming difference e.g. Ground Floor 1/ Ground Floor 2 etc..
    2. Split the building into separate project files (Might be odd to model with a party wall missing in one of the models)

I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this so what approach have others used to deal with this?
    Last edited by BLothian; December 4, 2017, 01:52 PM.

Groups for the apartments in a single file, hosted to their own levels. IE. ground floor a, ground floor b.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Just did a renovation job that had different floor levels of about 600mm.
      We ended up doing 3rd North and 3rd South (north side was higher than south), 4th north and 4th south.
      Levels have to be unique names, so beyond that... no real good way that I know of. Pick something that makes somewhat sense and be consistent throughout the building.

I wouldn't split the project just to have same names. IMO, the levels are different and should be identified as such.
      Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment

Originally posted by BLothian View Post
        I've got a block of flats: 4 storey's total, 6 flats per floor (2 separate stair cores serving 3 flats each floor).

The block has a split floor level difference of 225mm and ideally I'd like be able to show both adjacent floor levels using the same name i.e. 2No. ground floor levels/ 2No. 1st floor levels etc... but obviously you can't duplicate a level name.

So far I've considered:
        1. Creating levels for each storey level, suffix them to give minor naming difference e.g. Ground Floor 1/ Ground Floor 2 etc..
        2. Split the building into separate project files (Might be odd to model with a party wall missing in one of the models)

I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this so what approach have others used to deal with this?
        If it's the view names you want to be the same on sheets, then in each view's properties you can change the "view name on sheet" parameter, which can be the same as another view.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment