External Timber Cladding (Curtain Wall)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Timber Cladding (Curtain Wall)

I've downloaded a manufacturer's Curtain Wall yet when I try to Edit the walls profile gives me an error message:

I've looked at the Curtain Panel family and have found the timber boards are arrayed generic models, I presume this is why the error message is showing. What's the recommended method to represent timber cladding which can be profiled to match slopes on gabled walls, dormers etc.. ? Is it just restrict the CW Panel to a single board or some other kind of family (railing perhaps)?

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in the Family Creation forum
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BLothian; December 1, 2017, 11:05 AM.

This is the the kind of thing I'm looking to create in modeled form if possible. If its not possible then I'll just have to stick to a plain wall with a model fill pattern but it would be great if it could be modeled.
    Attached Files

Comment

This has been discussed a number of times here. You should be able to do that with system families as long as the planks stay rectangular. Apply a timber material to the CP.
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Yeah I tested with a system panel but I don't see any benefit to that approach over a regular wall with the correct model pattern. The aim was to have the board profile visible automatically in a plan view (and correctly in elevation) as its not a flat plank but this profile:

Doing it as mullions works but needs horizontal border mullions to trim correctly when a border edge is not orthogonal and I really don't want to go down the route of hiding stuff. Similar can be done with GM to cut the Curtain Panels or Mullions but again its kinda messy so I'm likely just gonna stick with a basic wall/surface model pattern and possibly a LBGM for plan views.
        Last edited by BLothian; December 2, 2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment