Element elevations in schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element elevations in schedule

I need to schedule my columns with elevations. Only way I can imagine this, is to create a calculated value where you have to insert manually correct elevation of level the element is attached. E.g. if my column base level is third floor which elevation is 8500, then I use it in my formula...

And to get the top elevation then I use the the same formula but add column height to the end.

When there is need to schedule next floor columns, then you have to correct the formula to get correct elevations.

Has anyone come up with something different or foolproof way?

Seems like my picture has gone somewhere missing...
    Attached Files

Comment

You can add a project parameter to you columns and fill in the base height (8500) there for each level. This way you can add the data to your columns for an entire level all at once. You can even use Dynamo to automate that I think.
      Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Yes, that's another possibility, same amount of work and still needs us to create calculated value. It's still possibility to make mistakes.

But, we can put spot elevation / spot coordinates to eny element edges and revit gives us exact coordinates for that element.
        Isn't there some easier way to get this information to our schedules too?

Comment

But why do you need the elevation from the ground floor, isn't elevation from the level the element is on enough?

But still, Dynamo should be able to automate the process of adding the level height data to you columns.
          mmm, now I feel the need to go and build that
          Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thank You for the responses.

There is a need to give out that information for builder. (more important is the elevation on top)

Comment