No announcement yet.

Spot Elevation/ Level with both "project base point" and "survey point" 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Elevation/ Level with both "project base point" and "survey point" 2017

I am looking for a family or to create a family that shows the "project base point" (relative) and "survey point" (sea level) for either spot elevation and/or a level?
    or if someone has figured out a work-around?

You can't have the level report both the project and shared point, at least not without custom parameters and manual data input....which i would not recommend to anyone. Do you need to show both elevations for each level? Or would it be sufficient to list the "project/relative" elevation for the ground level only?

We use a shared datum for our ground level and project datum for all others. I wouldn't necessarily call it a workaround since it isn't faking any data, but for us, we use a special datum that shows a +0'-0" adjacent to the shared elevation. See pic below. A few ways to do this....one, the +0' is a label prefix, and as such is static information. We've also employed custom params where the user can input any number they so choose; i'm less fond of this approach due to the potential for abuse and incorrect information.

Jon
    Attached Files

Comment

Assuming your building elevation will not change, the delta between the site elevation and building datum is a fixed value - 0'-0" = 1764.23'. You can create a calculated value in the label to manually subtract the offset value from the Elevation.
      Chris Ellersick

Comment