Hide element, but keep the Tag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide element, but keep the Tag?

Anyone knows of a clever way to keep Tags visible, even though the tagged Element has been hidden? (is that "has" been, or "have been"?)

Of course there´s masking regions, but that solution pretty much just plain suck...
    Then there´s the option to overide the element to appear as white, instead of hiding it... Not brilliant either...

Ideas?
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

OK< so now you gotta explain WHY you want a tag pointing at nothing. And what is being tagged?

Plan region perhaps? Grasping at strews for sure.

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Plan region won´t work, and even if it did, it would suck just as much as the Masking Region.

Don´t ask WHY, just answer the question :hide:
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Umm, whiteout after you plot? :hide:

I really don't know that you can easily tag it. BUT, if it is a family, perhaps you can put all the line work on a sub category, so you can hide that without turning off the whole family category and losing the tag? You might need an invisible line or something to make sure there is something there to hold the attention of the tag so to speak.
        BTW, I did something similar to get a little Egress Width object that I could put between the railings on stairs and ramps, and in the clear opening on doors. It shows in management views, and is invisible but tagged in documents views. Oh what a Kludge!

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Can you adjust the cut plane? If you have windows, you can set the cut plane above the windows. They "disappear" but the tags remain.

Never mind. It only works for some things. It won't work for columns, for instance.

Can you at least tell us what object you are trying to secretely tag?
          Last edited by dzatto; September 6, 2011, 11:11 PM.
          Dan

Comment

I say you do what Gordon suggested, or plot it without the object and draw the tags in by hand. :laugh:
            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
              I say you do what Gordon suggested, or plot it without the object and draw the tags in by hand. :laugh:
              Or change a copy of the tag to a Generic Annotation. But I HATE that answer.

Gordon
              Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Going out on a limb here:
                Put in a nested Shared Detail Component which exists of an "invisible" masking region (masking region with invisible lines). Make it a separate subcategory (Munkholm_secret_tag or something).
                In the VG, turn off all other subcategories and leave this one on.
                If all is well, you can now tag the invisible nested family. And if you don't want that in another view, turn the Munkholm_secret_tag off and the rest on.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Create a subcategory for the object in question and make its color white? (Gotta try this in the morning...)

For an FF&E plan we had to tag stuff that really wasn't there....like wastebaskets, pencil sharpeners...etc...stuff not worth modeling. So I created a furniture family with invisible lines (yeah, was already suggested)...but that is a good reason to do something like this. And the nice thing is they still scheduled too...
                  Last edited by MPwuzhere; September 7, 2011, 04:34 AM. Reason: family....not tag
                  Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Turn off sub categories

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                    Anyone knows of a clever way to keep Tags visible, even though the tagged Element has been hidden? (is that "has" been, or "have been"?)

Of course there´s masking regions, but that solution pretty much just plain suck...
                    Then there´s the option to overide the element to appear as white, instead of hiding it... Not brilliant either...

Ideas?
                    This is old thread but ...

Revit 2012

Doors - turning off all sub categories except opening works in plan section & elevation views
                    Windows - turning off all sub categories except opening ONLY works in section & elevation views WTF!

Hope that helps a bit

Comment