Phases & Spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phases & Spaces

What's the best way to work with spaces when there are different phases of a project?

I have an Arch model linked to my MEP model. The project involves several phases and I have our plan layouts overridden in the VG to view the phases the architect has created. (see image)

I have added spaces to our model to reflect the rooms the architect has placed in. The spaces have all been created based on whatever phase the architect model is on when linked in. For example, let's say phase 5.

The problem I've got is, on my plan that looks at the architect's phase 2, the space tags are all referencing the stage 5.

So do I need to create spaces for each phase, or is there another solution for this issue?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

I believe I may have solved this issue myself. I created phases in my project that mirror the architect's. By assigning each view to the correct corresponding phase then adding the spaces the space tags only tag the spaces on the phase shown.

Domsib

Revit MEP - 1 Day at a time...

Comment

You got it. Spaces and Rooms exist in one phase only. So you need to have the same rooms and spaces on each phase.

Comment