legends, plans, sheets and scales indicated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

legends, plans, sheets and scales indicated

I have some legends for plan symbols that are created at a scale different to the site plans. So, put them both on a sheet and the titleblock shows scale "as indicated".. With only one plan on the sheet I don't want to place the view name on sheet just to show scale. Apart from placing a text box over the titleblock scale, what else can i do here? Or am approaching this strangely?
    Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Originally posted by biff View Post
    I have some legends for plan symbols that are created at a scale different to the site plans. So, put them both on a sheet and the titleblock shows scale "as indicated".. With only one plan on the sheet I don't want to place the view name on sheet just to show scale. Apart from placing a text box over the titleblock scale, what else can i do here? Or am approaching this strangely?
    Draw your legends at the same scale as your plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks mengelmn, I can see that is a logical process, but some legends I wouldn't mind having go across different scale sheets if need be. In that case, I'm looking for another fix.

Comment

Put the scale in the viewport title and don't put it in the titleblock at all. I haven't ever had a scale in my titleblock. Just a waste of space, honestly.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
        Director
        Parallax Team, Inc.
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Sort of where im ending up aaron.

Comment

Originally posted by biff View Post
            Hi biff, I have the same problem here, so what I'm doing is to create a parameter that I called "Manual Scale" that allows me to manually place a scale, and for the "As indicated" text I've just give it a "Yes/No" parameter that allows me to create a simple formula to hide the "As indicated" text, so when I need to hide it I check the box and then I must write the manual scale, am I clear enough?, hope this helps
            Last edited by Andres Franco; November 23, 2017, 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling
            Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
            Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
            "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
            E.A Poe

Comment

Thanks andres. As in a visibilty parameter? I do agree with aaron saying not using scaling in titleblocks, but i need to look at it from the slightly altered default titleblock for students..

Comment

Yes actually my "Manual Scale" Is just a text parameter which as I've already said allows me to simple write the value I need, and for the "Scale" parameter the "Real one" I've just put it with a yes no parameter which is simple to put in a formula that allows me to hide the as indicated text when i need to put legends with a different scale in a sheet please see images, in french sorry but I think you'll understand the main idea, HTH, regards

Attached Files
                E.A Poe

Comment

Got it, i think. Reminder to self, learn french. In my language, i got the drift.

Comment

lol, sorry my Revit is in french :hide:, even for me is a little tricky since I'm not french either :coffee:, lol, so I got the drift is the same thing that I got it? I suppose , regards
                    E.A Poe

Comment