Conditional Statements in schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional Statements in schedules

I am doing a door schedule and there are a lot of items. A lot of the time, there are items that are conditional. For example, if the frame material category is Hollow metal (HM), then the frame finish will be Painted (PT)

is there a way to set this in the schedule so it will automatically assign the frame finish to be PT if the material is HM?

IF frame Material = hollow metal THEN Frame Finish = Painted
    Last edited by katewood1989; November 21, 2017, 09:41 PM.

You'll need to show a few screen shots for the schedule & settings to give you a more specific answer as the question leaves some open holes of info to fill.

Traditionally for me the Material & the Finish are always included in the Door Schedule, so I find no need unless you're doing a separate door type based schedule & using the Type Mark on the Itemized version & only listing the Instance based parameters for the typical Door Schedule. For the vast exposure I've had to many market sectors I find having them as Instance base (Material & Finish) is more productive. Thus, conditional statements is of no use to me.
    Another note, is that these 2 parameters are set to Material based & not Text based; so I may have Assets possibly tied to 2+ Materials if in another family type is using a material not needed to be scheduled, but I match them as much as possible. The only place I use Text to call out materials is in the Room Schedules.
    Last edited by cftrevizo; November 21, 2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

You can't (directly) use text (inc. material name) values in (Revit's) conditional statements, so you'd need to be using yes/no switches to "drive" your frame finish - which itself could be a text value, but then... well, where's the (visual) joy in all this? Personally, I'd have materiality in the model...

So....?

"helper schedules"

Build another door* schedule, filter-isolated to capture the fields you're wishing to marry/pair/align - then get populating. Unless you've an inordinate number of types, or are capturing frame at an instance level, you should be done in no time.

*method can be applied universally

Comment