Parameter location in Properties palette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parameter location in Properties palette

In the Project, I've created some new text parameters (instance) for str column category and Revit places them according to creation date for the element - in Project Parameters window, they are in alphabetical order, but...

I'm curious if there is any possibility to change the order/queue of parameters (if the element is selected) in properties palette?

There are up and down arrows to arrange the parameter ored within the Family Editor.
    Problem is that the first time a family has been loaded into a project, that's the order of it's parameters.
    Changing the order and re-loading the family uses the original order, not the updated.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Thank You for the reply.

One problem has teached me another thing.

Actually I've created parameters in the project (not in the Family). And if you select some element in the Project, you can see lots of information ("Constraints", "Text", "Dimensions", "Identity Data"...etc) in the Properties palette about that element. And under the "Text" I've created some parameters. I was wondering if there is possible to change the order of parameters under "Text".

Comment

As Dave pointed out, you can only rearrange parameters in the family editor. There is currently no method fro rearranging them within the project, and this includes project parameters (unless someones come up with a dynamo script that can do it). You can change the parameter group if you need parameters to be in a different general location in the properties browser, changing them to show under Identity data or Construction, for example.
        Julie Kidder
        Architect + BIM Director
        Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment