Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut plane wall

Hey

I have a problem with the cut plane in my project. In a view i have some walls that are 1500 mm and other walls that are 3000 mm. The tall ones get cut through in the view but the smaller ones does not. I have set the cut plane in view range to 1200mm so i dont understand why they are not cut. Ive found out they have to be at least 2000 mm to be cut. Is there some kind of overide going on here that i dont know about?

Sigbjørn

Short walls are NOT cut by the cut plane. They have an exception applied to them. See the "exceptions" section on Elements intersected by the Cut Plane.

Help
    Jeff Hanson
    Sr. Subject Matter Expert
    Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Yep. There is a built in minimum height. If the walls aren't taller than that built in minimum, they won't show cut no matter what you do with view range.

It's VERY annoying.

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
      Director
      Parallax Team, Inc.
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

So there is not way to adjust this exception?
        If not is the best way to just override visebilty on these elements?

Comment

It is possible where you need short walls to be cut. Set the wall top to the level above and then offset down. - in the past I have had this issue in reverse only to find a user had set this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Mengelm! That works pretty good actually!

Comment