Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door Family

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Door Family

    Hi Guys
    I am thinking how to make a custom made door family in revit.
    This one is what i have to load into a project. In the middle part there is shape like star. How can i make this type of a door?

    Thank you for your help in advance.
    Attached Files

    #2
    Is it a folding door with a hinge along the center? Do you need it parametric in size? What do you need the end result to be, documentation-wise? Do you want it to be able to show open and closed in 3D?
    Developer at Anguleris BIMsmith Marketplace.
    Previously at Sumex Design for ARCAT.com

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Andrew K View Post
      Is it a folding door with a hinge along the center? Do you need it parametric in size? What do you need the end result to be, documentation-wise? Do you want it to be able to show open and closed in 3D?
      This is just a normal door with kind of triangular shape, and that star shaped part in the middle is beveled outside.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RevitCrazy; October 31, 2017, 01:52 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        or maybe i need a triangular shaped door for now, because i even dont know how to make a triangular shaped door.

        Comment


          #5
          I guess that can be 2 nested panel family with the desired shape and size by extrusion, the triangular form can be done with a simple extrusion using reference planes or not if the panel doesn't need to be parametric, for the beveled form maybe void extrusions can achieve the goal, regards
          Last edited by Andres Franco; October 31, 2017, 02:25 PM.
          Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
          Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
          "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
          E.A Poe

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Andres Franco View Post
            I guess that can be 2 nested panel family with the desired shape and size by extrusion,
            Hi Andres, Thank you for your help, But could you please explain this part a bit ditailed. This is first time i started working with family.

            Attached Files
            Last edited by RevitCrazy; October 31, 2017, 03:12 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              ok give me a while and i'll try to model the door panel for explain you my idea
              Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
              Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
              "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
              E.A Poe

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by RevitCrazy View Post
                Hi Andres, Thank you for your help, But could you please explain this part a bit ditailed. This is first time i started working with family.

                may you post some additional information for the door I mean a plan and maybe a section?, that will help a lot to do this, regards
                Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
                Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
                "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
                E.A Poe

                Comment


                  #9
                  Long story short; I'd start with a Generic Model family then change it to a Door Family, then turn on the "Cut with Voids when Loaded". I'd create an extrusion then swap it to a Void to cut the walls when joined. I'd make the Angle flexible & all that entails with associations to the modeling.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Andres Franco View Post
                    may you post some additional information for the door I mean a plan and maybe a section?, that will help a lot to do this, regards
                    Hi Andres . Thank alot for your input.
                    The Height of the door is 4m and below i have attached plan view. wooden profile around the door is 700mm.
                    ,
                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X