Detail components missing from view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detail components missing from view

Hello All! We have been experiencing an issue in Revit 2017 where detail components that we have been placed within a view, are gone days later. There are 4 users, but only 3 of them are in the project 99% of the time. We are working in a shared environment from the server. I have watched each person open the central file and create a local to make sure they were not starting with a local file each day. This issue has happened 4 times in the last 2 months. The first time all the detail components and filled regions in the project were gone, as if somebody selected all and deleted them - nobody admits to that. The last few times seem to be only occurring in the wall section views. I changed the template to none to see if it was a template issue but it does not appear to be. We can add them back in but this is getting to be time consuming. They are not hidden as I checked that. We noticed this morning that none of the service packs were installed so we addressed that, but I did not see in the service pack solutions where it fixed anything like we were experiencing. So, I thought I would post and see if anyone has any ideas on what to check or look for.

Thank you for your help - Steve M.

This sounds oh so familiar...

If nobody has any ideas I can stop by tomorrow and see if I notice anything.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

If there are only four users, why not just collect the Journal Files and get to the bottom of what happened?
      Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
      @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Steve, if it happens again leave the central file as is, but save a local to another file. That way I can stop by and take a look at the central model's history and then the Journal files like Aaron mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          Steve, if it happens again leave the central file as is, but save a local to another file. That way I can stop by and take a look at the central model's history and then the Journal files like Aaron mentioned.
          Geez, where else can one get personal one on one support service as good as this in RFO??
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
            Geez, where else can one get personal one on one support service as good as this in RFO??
            I used to work there and they are just right across the river.

Comment

Yes - Very lucky to know Michael - Great Support! Thanks Michael, I started to look through the Journals but was not sure what specifically I was looking for, maybe I will try again. The last occurrence was Monday. We recovered a back up from Friday and only lost a few hours of work Monday morning but we just want to identify the issue if possible.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by SMiles_01 View Post
                Hello All! We have been experiencing an issue in Revit 2017 where detail components that we have been placed within a view, are gone days later. ...

We are experiencing the same issue. All detail components and filled regions have disappeared 3 times now. Did you ever find out what was happening or how to fix it? We are using Revit 2018.0.0.420

Comment

Hello,
                  I believe the solution for us was loading all the available service packs on all machines associated with the project. The issue seemed to be resolved after that. Hope that helps

Comment