Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revision issue ordering

All,

We have a strange one. When placing the revisions on a sheet the revisions are listing A, B, D, C instead of sequential even though they are correct in the Sheet Issues/Revision dialogue box.

If I try to reorder them using Move up/Move Down I can force A, B, C, D but the date issued doesn't stay with the revision description.

Any ideas.

Attached Files

Is the sequence in the numbering options dialog correct?

revision.jpg
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

If this is a revision schedule inside a Title Block you should also check how that schedule is sorted.
      "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." Albert Camus - "The innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may ​do well under the new." Nicolo Machiavelli -"Things that are too complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple." Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
        Is the sequence in the numbering options dialog correct?

Yes the order is correct in the dialog box. And if I change the order (bump it up) the date moves in the dialog but NOT on the sheet.

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the revision dialog box ?
          Kamran Mirza
          Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment

Originally posted by kamranmirza View Post
            Can you post a screenshot of the revision dialog box ?
            Here are the three screen shots

One is in the Manage Issues dialog.
            The second is how it appears on screen
            The third is if I sort by in the Family but then my Construction issue (1) ends up on top and out of date sequence.
            The forth is a picture of a monkey on a bike... Not on sheet.
            Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried changing the Per Project/Per Sheet option?

When set to Per Sheet the revision # on the sheet will start with the first letter/number in the sequence.
              When set to Per Project the revision # will maintain the letter/number.
              John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Originally posted by kubsix View Post
                Have you tried changing the Per Project/Per Sheet option?

When set to Per Sheet the revision # on the sheet will start with the first letter/number in the sequence.
                When set to Per Project the revision # will maintain the letter/number.
                Currently it's set to Per Sheet. If I change it to Per Project it actually gets worse.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by josephpeel View Post
                  If this is a revision schedule inside a Title Block you should also check how that schedule is sorted.
                  I think josephpeel might be on the right track.

* Go to your sheet view and Edit the title sheet family.
                  * Look to the Project Browser and select Schedules > Revision.
                  * Now from the Properties dialog, hit Sorting/Grouping.
                  * Check the options for Sort By:. You may need it to be Revision Sequence.

Comment

OK Seem to have found a solution thanks to many prompts in the right direction.

Edited the title block family.

Added Revision Sequence to the Scheduled Fields and sorted by:

1. Revision Sequence
                    2. Revision Number
                    3. Revision Date

Then under Appearance I made Revision Sequence a Hidden Field.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Comment