Can't use loaded families in project!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't use loaded families in project!!!

So, Revit was just installed on the laptop. I needed automatic sliding doors, so I went to revitcity.com. Everything went as it was supposed to. It opened in Revit, and I was able to save it into the project i'm working on. The problem is that I can't find the family (or any others I loaded into the project). They do show up in the Project Browser, but I am unable to actually find them under any of the architectural tabs to actually use them in the project. Does anyone have a solution for this, or am I doing something wrong? Please help!!!

What category do they show up under in the Project Browser?
    The category will give us hints on how to place the family....
    Also - you should be able to rightclick a family type in the project browser and "Create Instance"?
    Alex Page
    RevitWorks Ltd
    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

Originally posted by Vanezza View Post
      So, Revit was just installed on the laptop. I needed automatic sliding doors, so I went to revitcity.com. Everything went as it was supposed to. It opened in Revit, and I was able to save it into the project i'm working on. The problem is that I can't find the family (or any others I loaded into the project). They do show up in the Project Browser, but I am unable to actually find them under any of the architectural tabs to actually use them in the project. Does anyone have a solution for this, or am I doing something wrong? Please help!!!
      as noted in your other similar thread, the sliding doors are curtain panels. You need to *load* them into Revit then in the Project Browser under curtain panels they will reside. However you can't do a Create Instance with a curtain panel you need to have a curtain wall with an existing curtain panel and by selecting that panel, unpinning it, and selecting the sliding door curtain panel in the Properties palette the existing curtain panel will become a sliding door...
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment