Cable Trays = System Family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable Trays = System Family?

I'm making a template and would like to purge all the unnecessary families. Why are things like cable trays (seriously?), conduits, and flex ducts system families? Is there anyway to get rid of them from my template?

I know it's a pretty basic question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Originally posted by ricksaus View Post
    I'm making a template and would like to purge all the unnecessary families. Why are things like cable trays (seriously?), conduits, and flex ducts system families? Is there anyway to get rid of them from my template?

I know it's a pretty basic question, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
    Welcome to Revit Forum.

Well those are pretty important to M&E, much like walls, floors and roofs are pretty important to Architecture.

Simply, you have to have at least one type in a system family, so they could be reduced but not removed entirely.
    Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I can understand them being important for ME, it's just a funny thing to have, of all things, those as the families included in our template. It does make scrolling through the families a bit harder because the list is longer.

Comment

Completely understand. They are system families and not loadable, so once gone only way to get them back if required would be to copy paste from another project. I would suppose you're being protected from doing something you'll regret later. You'll have bigger fish to fry than a few unused families.

If you haven't found this post yet, it'll help in your template building. Have fun. You'll learn a lot about Revit and it's inner workings.

https://www.revitforum.org/tutorials...-template.html
        Chris Heinaranta | Architectural Technologist

Comment

Oh yes, the script of my life the past couple days, I am familiar.

Thanks!

Comment

Just wait till stuff you've deleted re-appears. That's when things get real fun.

Comment