Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheet scaling makes all annotations BIG

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sheet scaling makes all annotations BIG

    Hello,

    I am trying to scale my plan to make it fit on the sheet but when I scale it down to appropriate size, all of the annotations, grid bubbles, and text are MASSIVE. I know there's a way to quick fix this but I don't remember. Someone help please.
    Attached Files

    #2
    Don't think there is a way, other then changing them all to a smaller version of themselves. It is the way Revit is intended to work. You set your text to a size and no matter what scale you use it will always be that size on the sheets.

    Better to test fit your view on the sheet first before adding all sorts of annotations, just to be sure it all looks right. I have 2 types of grid bubbles just for this reason.

    Oh and of course, welcome to the forum !
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

    Comment


      #3
      Change the size of the title block and scale the print to its inverse.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
        Change the size of the title block and scale the print to its inverse.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That's a nasty trick
        Means you need to have multiple versions of your title block for different scales as well, right?
        Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
        Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

        Comment


          #5
          We usually only run into this for presentation sheets, so our workaround is that our standard presentation border size is 22x34 and if you want to print 11x17, you just use the 50% scaling as Greg said. Typically you want the annotation smaller for handouts compared to boards anyway... and it's just less sheets to manage. For CD sets we want the annotation to be a standard size so we have filters to hide the minor girds and levels at the small scales so they're not as cluttered.

          Comment


            #6
            Send the view out as a .png then do all your scale trickery in DTP.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by GMcDowellJr View Post
              Change the size of the title block and scale the print to its inverse.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We have titleblocks like that, on the Arena.

              The reason being, we are incorporating all of the dimensions that are on the 1/8" Condoc plans, AND the 1/4" Enlarged plans and Plan Details, in to one set of views. Rather than duplicate every single annotation type, and make one that was half the height of normal (and smaller tick marks, and smaller arrow heads, and smaller symbols, etc), we simply made the views 1/4", and made the Titleblock 2x the normal size (60*84). Then we just removed the auto-scale from the view title, and called it a day.

              I am actually in the camp that- while i DO appreciate the auto-scaling nature of how Revit works with annotations- i could find a LOT of uses for us to be able to define a "base annotation scale" and then tell some views to NOT scale the annotations. I think that would be handy (as it was in ACA).
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                We have titleblocks like that, on the Arena.

                The reason being, we are incorporating all of the dimensions that are on the 1/8" Condoc plans, AND the 1/4" Enlarged plans and Plan Details, in to one set of views. Rather than duplicate every single annotation type, and make one that was half the height of normal (and smaller tick marks, and smaller arrow heads, and smaller symbols, etc), we simply made the views 1/4", and made the Titleblock 2x the normal size (60*84). Then we just removed the auto-scale from the view title, and called it a day.

                I am actually in the camp that- while i DO appreciate the auto-scaling nature of how Revit works with annotations- i could find a LOT of uses for us to be able to define a "base annotation scale" and then tell some views to NOT scale the annotations. I think that would be handy (as it was in ACA).
                Have you found that adjusting dimension strings a challenge from one view to the other?
                Bettisworth North

                Comment


                  #9
                  I dont understand the question. There is no adjusting dimensions from one view to another. The dimensions get put in, and occasionally get copied from one view to another, but there is no issue with them.
                  Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                  @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                    I dont understand the question. There is no adjusting dimensions from one view to another. The dimensions get put in, and occasionally get copied from one view to another, but there is no issue with them.
                    I was just thinking of a mother/children situation where I had to split the dimension string at every view to insure that small dimension location adjustments could be made without altering a properly set dimension on the previous or next view. Just wondering if you ran into something similar when utilizing the same dimension string from one scale to the other.
                    Bettisworth North

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X