Worksharing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worksharing Issue

We have an ongoing issue with our worksharing project. We have this project that I set up the worksets by level. We have 3 drafters working in different levels and workset but constantly need to ask each other to sync and relinquish. Why is that when we are not working in the same level and
    workset? another question is there a way to delete worksets ?

Originally posted by Brocha View Post
    We have an ongoing issue with our worksharing project. We have this project that I set up the worksets by level. We have 3 drafters working in different levels and workset but constantly need to ask each other to sync and relinquish. Why is that when we are not working in the same level and
    workset? another question is there a way to delete worksets ?
    I don't have an answer for your first issue. To delete a workset you need to make it editable in the Worksets dialog, then do a STC, return to the Worksets dialog, select the workset and hit Delete. Anything on that workset will be moved to Workset1 IIRC
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

If you're all working on different Levels, why the need for separate Worksets?
      We've pretty much given up on trying to split up our models geographically by worksets. Except for EXisting Building and Linked models, almost everything is just left on Workset 1. And the only reason for the other Worksets is so we can turn off things we don't need (like the plumbing or HVAC) for better performance.
      If people are working in separate area of the building (wing or floor), there really shouldn't be any reason they would be Borrowing each other's elements.
      I'd guess it's actually your attempt to split up Worksets that's causing the problem.
      When you make a new Local Copy, your active workset is set to what ever it was when the last guy did a SWC.
      If people aren't hyper-aware of that absolutely every time they open, they'll be modeling their stiff on the wrong workset.

I'd recommend just putting everything on Workset 1 and letting the geography of the building control who owns what.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Are the modelers taking 'ownership' of the worksets when they open the model? That has happened here a time or two.
        Bettisworth North

Comment