Edit Topography based on Survey Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Topography based on Survey Point

I'm tearing my hair out here, trying to figure out how I can edit my topo in height above survey point. It seems like no matter what I do it wants to report elevation in relation to the project based point.

I found the following post which mentions:

3. Edit your Topo, and tell it to be based off that Level.

Except, I can't seem to find a way to associate my topographic points with a specific level.

Background:
    When setting up my file I pinned the project base point, and never moved it. Instead, I moved my survey point away and imported a topo surface from survey data, aligning it to my pinned PBP.

I have a Sea Level level which correctly reports 0' 0" based on the survey point, and a Level 1 which also correctly reports 0' 0" based on the PBP.

What else should I do to be able to edit, and show the triangulation lines, in absolute coordinates?

Perhaps this will help?

Help
    Jeff Hanson
    Sr. Subject Matter Expert
    Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Originally posted by moviebird View Post
      I'm tearing my hair out here, trying to figure out how I can edit my topo in height above survey point. It seems like no matter what I do it wants to report elevation in relation to the project based point.

Except, I can't seem to find a way to associate my topographic points with a specific level.

Background:
      When setting up my file I pinned the project base point, and never moved it. Instead, I moved my survey point away and imported a topo surface from survey data, aligning it to my pinned PBP.

I have a Sea Level level which correctly reports 0' 0" based on the survey point, and a Level 1 which also correctly reports 0' 0" based on the PBP.

What else should I do to be able to edit, and show the triangulation lines, in absolute coordinates?
      Survey Point = sea level
      Project base point elevation = elevation based on sea level
      If you building's first floor slab is 400 ft above sea level, then in your model project base point will be 400' above Survey point which is set to 0'-0"
      Bettisworth North

Comment

Friends can you help me how to post any questions in revit forum..I am seeing others post but I dint find out any option to post my question..please suggest the process

Comment

Originally posted by kamal152 View Post
          Friends can you help me how to post any questions in revit forum..I am seeing others post but I dint find out any option to post my question..please suggest the process
          Hi kamal152. At the top of each subforum is a Post New Thread button like this. Since you are new to RFO your posts will be moderated for a short time, IIRC for 5 posts so you may not see your posted question right away, especially on the weekends when traffic here is light. Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you continue to have issues
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
            Perhaps this will help?

Help
            Except that talking about contour lines, NOT the interior points. If I want to edit the triangulated points within a toposurface, it ALWAYS reports the elevation with regard to the project base point.

I want to edit topo points based on the survey point.

Comment

Proposed Solution to Associate Toposurface with a Different Level

Originally posted by moviebird View Post

I know this is twoyears late, but I wanted to help anyone out who Googles this question and findsno answers. This method works to reset any toposurface's lowest elevation to adifferent level.

Things to Know
              + You can't directlyedit the workplane/associated level of a toposurface like you can for mostother Revit geometry.
              + The heights shownby interior points when editing a toposurface are always relative to the levelthe toposurface is created on.
              + When a toposurfacemoves up or down, the interior points will report new elevations based on theirdistance from the hosting level.

1. Create a newlevel at your survey point elevation.
              2. Select yourmisbehaving toposurface.
              3.Copy to clipboard <Ctrl+c>.
              4. Goto Modify > Paste > Aligned to Selected Level
              5. Choose your newlevel. We'll call it "TOPO ZERO".
              6. Open an Elevationview.
              7. Is your surveypoint at "Sea level"? Move your toposurface up to the desiredreal-world height of the lowest point.
              8. No? Is yoursurvey point at an elevation that does not match a point on your toposurface?Move your toposurface up (or down) so that the delta between the lowest pointand your survey point elevation matches your data.
              9. No? Does yoursurvey point elevation match a point on your toposurface? Move the toposurfaceusing any point that should match the survey elevation as the start. Move it upor down so that point sets on TOPO ZERO.
              8. Delete your oldtoposurface if desired.

Interior points arenow relative to your survey point elevation. They will remain that way as longas the level we created stays put.

Comment