Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFC Unit Symbol

Hi,
    I am trying to export unit symbols from my application into .ifc files. I have done this with length, area, volume and mass and it works fine. But I am having troubles doing the same with Time and other derived units with time.

I want the units column to display s - seconds in the under property when a particular item that has a time property is clicked.
    Please, I would love it if you can help I have been trying to get a solution for this for over 3 weeks now.

Thank you,
    Bisola Adeniyi

Revit does not specifically handle time* - so I'm a little curious what fields you're attempting to convert?

*the closest system unit is <Period> (under structural) - but that's (indirectly) assigned to 'Number' type parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
      Revit does not specifically handle time* - so I'm a little curious what fields you're attempting to convert?

*the closest system unit is <Period> (under structural) - but that's (indirectly) assigned to 'Number' type parameters.

I am trying to convert the water flow of a pipes velocity. The flow is one of the properties of the pipe. but its not working out for me because the symbol for the seconds unit is missing

Comment

Hi Snowyweston,
        Thanks for your reply.
        So I am trying to convert my project into ifc. At the moment I want to convert just a pipe in the project into ifc. The property values and units of the pipe such as Length, Diameter and Area are visible when I opened the ifc file with BIM Vision and click on the pipe. but the units are missing for properties like , baseflow -(which should be in m/s). I tried debugging and investigating and i noticed that the when the class IfcSIUnit class is instantiated and the method name and UnitType are assigned to "Time" and "Second" respectively, the method Symbol is empty. But this is not the case for properties that have units in metres.

Comment

Hi Bisola. I have the same problem. Did you found the solution?
          Thank you !

Comment