Filled region in 3d view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled region in 3d view

Is there any way that one can add a filled region to a 3d view?
    In the sample attached I need to add the area (retail, arcade, etc) to the section. I really would want to do this without having to first turn the view into a jpeg, then photoshop over it.
    Section.jpg
    Attached Files

Sorry but the answer is no. At least not natively. The section box cut face of 3D geometry is pretty much useless in Revit in terms of being a thing you can calculate anything from. You could use VG to alter the cut pattern but that would apply to all cut faces of the same type. You could hack it though with overlayed views. Or photoshop.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

not with native revit except if you insert a pdf or dwg "in all views" it will show in your 3D view also that might be an option, also take a look at revizto it allows you to associate other views and they will call up in your 3D it might give you what you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdhxY6yo63o

https://revizto.com/en/

Whats the objective of these linked filled régions? If I can see what you are trying to produce exactly I might have a workaround for you.
      Last edited by Karalon10; October 9, 2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalon10 View Post
        ...except if you insert a pdf...
        Can you please tell me how I can insert a PDF in Revit
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

You can superimpose a view that does allow filled region and draw it there
          "-Bueno, pues ahora que los dos nos hemos visto el uno al otro -repuso el
          unicornio-si tu crees en mi, yo creeré en tí, ¿trato hecho?"
          Lewis Carroll

Comment

You could model a wafer-thin element of some kind, on a non-primary design option...

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
              Can you please tell me how I can insert a PDF in Revit
              pass it through autocad (ie link the pdf into autocad) then link your cad drawing into revit.

Theres also this option in revit
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Karalon10; October 9, 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalon10 View Post
                pass it through autocad (ie link the pdf into autocad) then link your cad drawing into revit.
                What a kludge.

Comment

well im not sure why you would need filled regions in a 3D view, handle it with hatch patterns and filters would be a better option

If you are trying to show the room spaces in color in 3D views there are better workarounds just dépends what he is trying to achieve, but yes passing a pdf into autocad is a pain, but I've done the same with excel spreadsheets, this way it keeps a "live" update as the dwg updates the excel spreadsheet like an XREF and then revit does similar with the link. It works, but its double handling

Comment

If unused elsewhere: create a simple mass and have it shown?
                    Alex Page
                    RevitWorks Ltd
                    Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment