Override Graphics in View By Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Override Graphics in View By Element

Tonight I was looking over some details and wait, what? I find Detail Lines drawn and they are all using the same linestyle, yet look different. A quick right click reveals that the Override Graphics in View > By Element has been used to show different line patterns. 1 line style yet multiple "looks". It seems so "retro" to me, aka the whole AutoCAD debate over "ByEntity vs ByLayer" waged so many years ago. No wonder standards are unicorns.

What? That's wrong? I do that all the time

That would have taken so much time to do compared to just making a few line styles.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

It's correct until you try to hide or isolate by category or do anything else correctly with those lines. Not to mention creating the opportunity to transfer the new line styles to future projects.
      .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment