Revit Server Administrator 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Server Administrator 2016

Can Anyone using Revit Server provide some insight to why a model size would see such a reduction is cashed files just from one sync to another. Could it be that an end user is syncing with only the start view open? Is there a correlation between having several views or sheets open while syncing and number of cashed files on RS?
    Attached Files
    Bettisworth North

I too would like to know. I have asked Autodesk, but they have been vague why the cached files fluctuates and sometimes balloons. The older versions of Revit Server used to start with a new set of cached files after re-creating a model, but the new versions i think retains them.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
      I too would like to know. I have asked Autodesk, but they have been vague why the cached files fluctuates and sometimes balloons. The older versions of Revit Server used to start with a new set of cached files after re-creating a model, but the new versions i think retains them.
      I create a new central weekly, and I can tell you that at least for this model, that we see a reduction of at least 100mb, however, it doesn't take long to see cashed files stack up again.
      Bettisworth North

Comment

This could be anything from someone running a compression on the main file, addressing warnings (if you have a TON of warnings this could add megabytes of logs to your file) or even detaching the central and re-saving it (getting rid of save points, save comments, logs, logs, logs).

It could also be a conscientious employee purging the file of evil DWGs... >_>
        .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

I'm going with the "someone clicking Compress"....former BIM Manager of mine said to never click that button... I still don't even though I dont work there anymore.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Did anyone crashed? Transfer file is what you really need to keep an eye on

Comment